No Matter What Your Skill Level As A Photographer, This Safari Will Take You To The Next Level
Tour Name: The Best of Botswana
Dates: April 30-May 9, 2020 , FULL
Where: Chobe National Park and the Okavango Delta
On the Chobe: Pangolin Chobe Hotel, Kasane, Botswana https://www.pangolinphoto.com/pangolin-partners/pangolin-chobe-hotel (built for photographers, voted Africa’s leading new hotel in 2019)
In the Okavango Delta: Xaro Lodge, Shakawe, Botswana https://xaro-lodge.com (luxury tented lodge accessible only by boat designed to emphasize bird photography)
Price: $6,670 per person, $1,050 single supplement
Deposit: $1,000 to reserve your space
Group Size: 6 people maximum
- This year we are breaking new ground in this top photographic destination in Africa by visiting two distinct eco systems and two distinct types of lodges, both designed for photographers.
- One of the top two photographic destinations in Africa
- The Chobe river has one of the highest concentrations of wildlife in Africa
- Each lodge within minutes of wildlife: no long daily journeys
- Price includes all lodging and round trip airfares from Johannesburg, Kasane and Maun. - Customized photo boat with 360-degree clear field of view swivel seats and gimbal heads for the Chobe River.
- Custom designed to minimize travel time and maximize your time photographing - Custom locations for world class wildlife and specifically bird, photography
- Two professional photographer guides: One US based and one South African based
-The Chobe River with one of the highest concentrations of wildlife in Africa while Botswana has the highest concentration of elephants in the world. There we will be using customized photo boats with 360-degree clear field of view swivel seats and gimbal heads for your camera and lens.
- Peak time and location to be on the Chobe and in the Okavango Delta with incredible light, perfect weather, cool morning/evenings and warm during the day
- The Okavango Delta is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This stunning inland delta is fed by 3 billion gallons of water that flow annually into this huge waterway providing home to ones of the highest concentrations of animals and birds in the world. The area has been termed the last Eden on earth.
Our trip of 9 nights and 10 days will start with 6 nights/7days on the magnificent Chobe river in Botswana, Africa in a specially designed boat that allows photographers the ability to see their subjects and do their work. We will focus on the wildlife activity, spending special time with all the many birds, that is so rich and vibrant at this time of year. Most special to me is the African Jacana that nests during April and May. We will have a chance to observe and photograph them nesting and taking care of their young. Just amazing stuff!! Coupled with exquisite first and end of the day light, the eye-level shooting that our boat provides will allow you to capture some of the most beautiful and dramatic images possible. Each photographer accompanying us on the safari will have the luxury of his/her own swiveling photographic chair while on the Chobe River. In the Okavango Delta, we will be in prime bird territory directly on the shores of the Okavango River.
April 30, Day 1 – We will depart from the Johannesburg airport for our flight to Kasane, Botswana, meet our African outfitters and transfer to Pangolin Chobe Hotel. After checking in to our rooms we will have our first photography session on the river. Staying on the river for sunset images, we return to the lodge for sundowners and dinner that.
May 1 – May 5, Day 2 – 6 - 6am meet at jetty for coffee and rusks, and depart for photographic session on the Chobe River until 10am. Return to lodge for breakfast. After break/rest return to river at 3pm for afternoon photographic session. Dinner each evening following
May 6, Day 7 – Departure transfer to Kasane airport. Charter flight with Shakawe Air from Kasane to Shakawe. Day of arrival, afternoon trip on the river for birding. Dinner in the lodge
May 7 - 8, Day 8 - 9 – An early breakfast, morning and afternoon boat trip, dinner
May 9, Day 10 – Departure transfer and Charter flight from Shakawe to Maun. Transfer from Maun to Johannesburg for evening flights home.
What is included:
- Nightly lodging and meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner), bottled water/soft drinks on the boat. Drinks while at the Pangolin Chobe Hotel
- Professional guidance and instruction when requested
- All park fees
- All in-country flights. This includes from Johannesburg to Kasane, Botswana. Transfers from Kasane to Xaro Lodge in the Delta and back out to Maun. Flight from Maun to Johannesburg.
What is not included:
- International flights from your starting point to Johannesburg, South Africa International Airport (JNB) which is our starting and ending location
- First night’s lodging in Johannesburg. Recommended lodging is InterContinental OR Tambo Airport or City Lodge Hotel at OR Tambo International Airport
- Personal expenses to include laundry, gifts and alcohol
- Tips for boat guides, porters and other hotel staff
- STRONGLY RECOMMENDED - Travel and medical insurance, and pre-trip immunizations.
Please enter your infomation using the form below. After you submit, you will be redirected to PayPal to make a secure payment. You do not have to have a PayPal account.